By JUSTINE FROSTAD
These sweet, chewy, peanut butter coconut bars are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. I must say, I think the coconut/peanut butter combination is underrated. In these bars the sweetness of the coconut and the chocolate balance beautifully with the saltiness of the peanut flavour. I made them for a potluck and they were a hit, not to mention received the seal of approval from my roommate Carly, Ticket to Tasty’s Chief of Taste Testing!
I’m generally a BIG fan of tasty bars/squares, so there will be many more variations of these bite-size treats to come!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 large package of mini peanut butter cups
- 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with cooking oil.
- Using your hands, crumble together 1 cup flour, butter and granulated sugar until large chunks form. Press evenly into prepared baking dish and bake in the center of the oven for 15-18 minutes (or until the crust is crisp and golden). Let crust cool & leave the oven on.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and baking powder. Stir in coconut, peanut butter, and 1 cup of the peanut butter cups. Pour mixture over cooled crust, spreading with a spatula to make an even layer.
- Bake in center of the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining peanut butter cups. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for another 18-20 minutes (or until golden). Cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!